Are you surfing for How to Activate Airtel DND? Then you have landed on the right place. Most of us who are using Mobile Phones usually get irritated with an incessant flow of Short Messaging Services (SMS) or unwanted calls from commercial and advertising companies. DND helps you to stop unwanted commercial phone calls and SMS on your Airtel Mobile. Activate DND (Do Not Disturb) on your Airtel now. DND is now known as NCPR and it is initiative of TRAI. Here we are providing the simple steps to activate Airtel DND to get relief from unwanted calls and SMS from commercial and advertising companies. Also, Check out How to Transfer Balance from Airtel to Airtel.
How to Activate Airtel DND (Do Not Disturb)
Airtel is an Indian mobile network operator which offers services like voice and data services ranging from postpaid and prepaid plans, 2G and 3G services, broadband wireless access (BWA), Long Term Evolution (LTE) to value-added services (VAS) etc to its users. The company provides the Airtel DND Number which stands for Do Not Disturb Activation or De- Activation Code Number to stop promotional messages and calls to the user. Users can follow the Airtel DND Number to stop all the unwanted calls and messages from the company.
Fully Blocked Registration:
If you subscribe for fully blocked services then no commercial calls or SMS will interrupt your communication.
Partially DND Blocked Category:
Partially blocked category helps you to block all commercial voice Calls SMS. In this category, you have a choice of receiving calls & SMS of your preference such as Movie updates, online portals, shopping options etc.
To subscribe for partial block, you need to follow some simple steps:
Airtel DND Number for One Preference Service:
Type “START X”to 1909.
Replace X with the preference no. or call to 1909
Airtel DND Number for More Than One Preference Services:
Type “START X, X” to 1909.
Replace X with the preference no. or call to 1909.
Airtel DND Number for Change in Current Preference:
SMS as Stop X or X, X to 1909 or call 1909.
Airtel DND Number for Deactivation this Service:
Customers need to SMS or call to 1909 for deactivation of this service. Users need to send SMS as
STOP to 1909.
Given below are the code words one can use to register/deregister full or partial DND.
|DND Category||DND Description||Registration||Deregistration|
|Fully Blocked||Full Block Of All Categories||START 0 to 1909||STOP 0 to 1909|
|Partial Blocked||1 – SMS relating to Banking / Insurance / Financial Products / Credit Cards||START 1 to 1909||STOP 1 to 1909|
|2 – SMS relating to Real Estate||START 2 to 1909||STOP 2 to 1909|
|3 – SMS relating to Education||START 3 to 1909||STOP 3 to 1909|
|4 – SMS relating to Health||START 4 to 1909||STOP 4 to 1909|
|5 – SMS relating to Consumer goods and automobiles||START 5 to 1909||STOP 5 to 1909|
|6 – SMS relating to Communication / Broadcasting / Entertainment / IT||START 6 to 1909||STOP 6 to 1909|
|7 – SMS relating to Tourism and Leisure||START 7 to 1909||STOP 7 to 1909|
Here ‘START’ keyword would mean that excepting the specified category, all other categories would be stopped. Similarly the keyword ‘STOP’ would denote that you would not receive SMS in regard to that category only.
- DND (now NCPR), will never block any of your solicited communication like Bank alerts SMS, Bank communications, Ticket / online booking confirmations, etc.
- Each DND (now NCPR) request takes 7 days for the process and a confirmation SMS will be sent to you in 24 hours.
- There should be minimum 7 days gap between previous DND request and registration for a new request.
- 1909 is a Toll-free number, no charges applicable.
Hope now you understand How to Activate Airtel DND. If you like the article “ How to Activate Airtel DND ”, you can share with your friends via Facebook & Google+ and feel free to ask your doubts.
- New Airtel Unlimited Calling Plan 99 now offers more Benefits
- Unlimited Airtel 4G Plans in AP(Andhra Pradesh) for Prepaid Mobile
- Airtel Full Talk Time Offers in AP for My Number
- Jio MNP: Steps to Port Airtel to Jio 4G【Jio Portability Offers】
- How to Check Own Airtel SIM Number – Dial Enquiry Code
- How to Activate Airtel DND (Do Not Disturb)
- Fully Blocked Registration:
- Partially DND Blocked Category:
- Airtel DND Number for One Preference Service:
- Airtel DND Number for More Than One Preference Services:
- Airtel DND Number for Change in Current Preference:
- Airtel DND Number for Deactivation this Service: