Do you want to Delete Dropbox Account? Are you searching on Google for How Do I Cancel My Dropbox Account? Then you are at the right place. Dropbox is a cloud storage service that offers free (Basic) and paid (Pro and Business) accounts. You’ll lose access to all of your files stored in Dropbox and all of your data will be deleted from dropbox.com if you delete your Dropbox account. Delete account Dropbox will also unlink your devices from Dropbox. Here we are providing complete step by step process for How to Delete Box account.
You can backup the important data in Dropbox account by saving it on your computer or some external storage drive.
What is Drop Box?
Dropbox is a cloud storage service that offers free and paid accounts which are used by millions around the world.
Dropbox Account Types
There are 3 types of Dropbox Accounts
- Plus and
You’ll no longer be able to sign into the Dropbox website or the Dropbox mobile app if you delete your Dropbox account. This means you’ll lose access to any file that you haven’t already saved.
In order to delete your Dropbox account, you will need to do the following:
- Download all of your Dropbox files to a computer.
- Downgrade your paid Dropbox Pro subscription to a free tier.
- Proceed with account deletion.
Consequences of Deleting Dropbox Account
- Any computer, phone, and tablet linked to your account stop syncing
- Files you shared in shared folders are still available to folder members
- You can’t access your account on Dropbox.com
- You can’t edit files in shared folders
- Your files are deleted from Dropbox servers
- Your files stay in the Dropbox folder on your computer
Because of the way the app works, it doesn’t make offline files accessible without the app. So, the best way to back up your files is to use a computer.
How to Backup Dropbox Account Files
Before deleting your account make sure that all the important files are safely backed up to your computer.
- Sign into the Dropbox website on your computer.
- Select the files which you want to save. Hold Ctrl button and click each file and folder that you want to download.
- Click the “Download” button. This will download all of the selected files as a single ZIP file that you can open later whenever you need. It may take a little bit to download large ZIP files.
Downgrade Dropbox Pro Accounts
If you have a paid Pro account, you must cancel your subscription prior to deleting the account. Doing so will no longer automatically renew your account and no further renewal charges will be applied from that account. Dropbox won’t delete any of your files when the subscription is downgraded.
How Do I Cancel Dropbox Pro Subscription
- Sign in to the Dropbox website with the Dropbox account you wish to unsubscribe and visit the downgrade page.
- Select the Downgrade option and follow the on-screen instructions.
You won’t get your money back after canceling a Pro subscription before it expires unless you live in a region where Dropbox is legally required to issue a refund on early cancellation, in which case you can contact Dropbox to get refunded.
How to Delete Dropbox Account
You can not delete Dropbox account through the mobile app. You can only delete a Dropbox account from the desktop website.
Delete Dropbox Account using Mobile
- Open the Dropbox website in your mobile device’s browser.
- Tap the “Desktop version” link at the bottom of the site.
- If you have any Pro subscription please cancel it. Visit https://www.dropbox.com/downgrade in your mobile browser and tap “I still want to downgrade” to cancel.
- Tap your name in the upper-right corner.
- Tap “Settings” in the menu that appears.
- Tap the “Account” tab.
- Scroll down and tap “Delete my Dropbox.” You’ll find this towards the bottom, underneath “Connected services.”
- Enter your Dropbox password in the form. You’ll need to enter your password to verify that it’s you.
- Choose a reason for leaving. You’ll need to select a reason before you can proceed.
- Tap “Delete my account.” Your account will be closed and your files will no longer sync.
You won’t be able to access the files on your mobile device because you cannot use the Dropbox app or website. Any files synced on your computer with the Dropbox program or downloaded from the Dropbox website will be available.
Delete Dropbox Account using Computer
- Visit Dropbox.com and Sign in with the account you want to delete.
- If you have a Dropbox Pro account, you’ll need to cancel your subscription before you delete your account.
- Visit https://www.dropbox.com/downgradeand click “I still want to downgrade” to cancel your subscription.
- Click your account name in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings.” This will open your account settings page.
- Click the “Account” tab. This will display your storage usage.
- Scroll down and click the “Delete my Dropbox” tab. This will load the account deletion form.
- As a security measure, you’ll need to enter your password again before the account is deleted.
- Select a reason for leaving. It doesn’t matter which reason you pick.
- Click “Delete my account.” This will close your account.
- 15+ Simple Ways to Boost Your Wi-Fi Network
- Setup Multiple Routers in Wireless Network
- How to Bypass WiFi Password on PC & Android
Hope now you know how to cancel dropbox subscription. If you like the article ” How to Setup Multiple Routers”, you can share with your friends via Facebook & Google+ and feel free to ask your doubts.