Do you wanna Delete Microsoft Outlook Account? I will help you to do this. You might want to do this if you no longer wish to use Outlook. Deleting accounts from Microsoft Outlook is not a difficult task. Microsoft’s latest webmail service, Outlook.com comes with better editing features, a huge amount of storage space, immersive interface and support for social networking sites. Because of all these features, users prefer to use Outlook email service. Here we are providing a complete step by step process for How to Delete Account from Outlook.
Most of the people are searching on Google for How to Delete My Outlook Account. Here you will get the answer to this question. Microsoft Outlook enables you to manage several email accounts without having to use your Web browser. You can add all your email accounts to Outlook such as
- Yahoo Mail,
- Outlook.com and AOL.
If you don’t use one of the accounts anymore, Outlook allows you to delete it. It is better to deactivate your outlook account rather than deleting it.
Removing an email account from Outlook doesn’t deactivate the email account. If you want to deactivate your account, talk to your email account provider. Once you delete an account from Outlook, you’ll no longer be able to send and receive mail from that account in Outlook.
Before You Close Your Account
Before you close your account Cancel Subscriptions and make sure you don’t leave anything important behind like
- Files in your OneDrive,
- Money from gift cards,
- Emails in Outlook.com
1) Use the Money in Your Account
- Spend any remaining money in your Microsoft account by buying digital content from Microsoft Store.
- To see how much money is in your Microsoft account, sign in to the Microsoft account website.
2) Cancel Any Subscriptions Associated with Your Account
- Sign in to Services & subscriptions on the Microsoft account website.
- For each paid subscription, select Cancel and follow the instructions.
For any subscription not listed there, go to the service itself (or to the retailer, if you bought the subscription from a retailer) to cancel. For example, if you have a Skype subscription, go to the Skype support page and search for cancellation info.
3) Save Your Files and Data
Once your Microsoft account is closed, you won’t be able to access any files or info associated with that account if you’ve stored them via a Microsoft service. If there’s anything you still want to keep, you should save a copy. For example:
- Email, documents, and photos you’ve stored in Outlook.com, Hotmail, or OneDrive.
- Personal data you’ve stored on HealthVault.
- Purchasing info at Microsoft.com.
- Portfolio data on MSN Money.
- Messenger contacts added to Skype. For more info about backing up your contact list, search the Skype support page.
- Product keys for any products you’ve purchased with this Microsoft account. (Your installed software will continue to work, but you’ll need the product key if you ever want to reinstall the software or install it on a new device.)
There is some data you can’t save when you close your Microsoft account. You’ll no longer be able to access music you’ve downloaded using an Xbox Music Pass. (Music and videos you’ve purchased outright will still be playable but can’t be transferred to another device.) Your game progress, Gamerscore, and Gamertag on Xbox Live will be lost.
- Note that deleting an account from a Microsoft email client also deletes the calendar information associated with that account.
- If you have subscriptions to services like Office 365, OneDrive, Xbox Live Gold, or an ad-free Outlook.com account, you won’t be able to access them anymore.
- You won’t get back remaining money in your Microsoft account.
The instructions here we providing are not for deleting or canceling your email account with the email provider itself; the account will be deleted only from the program on your computer.
Still, it will exist with the email service and will remain accessible through whatever email client you might set up or through the email service provider’s website.
If you want to close your account with an email provider (such as Gmail or Yahoo, for example), you’ll have to log into your account through a web browser and access your account settings.
How to Delete Account From Outlook (Microsoft)
For Microsoft Outlook 2016 and 2013:
- Open the File > Account settings menu.
- Click once on the email account you want to remove.
- Choose the Remove button.
- Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking or tapping the Yes button.
For Microsoft Outlook 2007:
- Find the Tools > Account settings menu option.
- Choose the Email tab.
- Select the email account that you would like to remove.
- Click Remove.
- Confirm by clicking or tapping Yes.
For Microsoft Outlook 2003:
- From the Tools menu, choose E-Mail accounts.
- Choose View or change existing e-mail accounts.
- Click Next.
- Choose the email account you wish to remove.
- Click or tap Remove.
How to Delete An Email Account from Mail and Calendar Apps
If you don’t want to continue to receive an email from a particular account in the Mail app for Windows 10, you can either delete the account and remove it from the app, or you can turn off email for that account. Deleting or removing an account from either app will also remove any calendar associated with that account.
- In either the Mail or Calendar apps, choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account that you want to remove.
- Choose Delete account. If you don’t see the Delete account option, you’re probably trying to remove the default email account added when you logged on to Windows 10. You can turn off email from this account instead.
Note: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account using another email client or on the web at https://outlook.com.
How to Turn Off Email for An Account
If you want to disable email for an account, either because you can’t delete the default account or because you only want to use an account for your calendar, you can modify the sync settings for the account.
- Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.
- Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account you no longer want to receive an email from.
- Choose Change mailbox sync settings, then scroll down to Sync options.
- Use the slider to set Email to Off and then choose Done > Save.
After You Close Your Account
When you tap or click the Mark account for closure button, they will wait 60 days before permanently deleting your Microsoft account in case you change your mind or need to access something on the account before it’s gone forever.
During the waiting period, your account is marked for closure but it still exists. If you want to reopen your Microsoft account, just sign in again within that 60 days. They will cancel the account closure, and everything will be just as you left it.
There can be various reasons why you’re disconnected from Outlook. Here we are providing some of the possible reasons.
- If your Internet connection is not working, there might be a problem with the mail server.
- If you can log onto your email from a website, for example, http://outlook.com check to see whether you can receive and send an email that way. If email isn’t working on the website, call your technical support for your email service provider for help.
- If you can send and receive mail on the website, then your mail server is fine. But your computer might need updates or there might be a problem with your account settings.
How to Delete All Emails in Outlook
Your email can consume a large portion of email server storage quota. You can regularly delete all your unwanted email or spam to free up space.
Deleting email is a two-step process. First, you delete the email which you want to delete. Then empty the Deleted Items folder. Once an item is deleted or emptied from the Deleted Items folder, it is permanently deleted and can’t be easily restored.
Delete All Email from a Folder
- Make sure that the Folder pane is expanded. To expand the Folder pane, click the arrow at the top left of the pane.
- In the Folder pane, right-click the folder that you want to clear, and then click Delete All.
- When you’re prompted to move everything to the Deleted Items folder, click Yes.
- All the selected items are now in the Deleted Items folder.
Delete Multiple Emails
You can quickly delete multiple emails from a folder and still keep your unread or important emails for later.
- In the Folder pane, click the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
- To select and delete consecutive emails, click the first email, press and hold the Shift key, click the last email, and then press the Delete key.
- To select and delete nonconsecutive emails, press and hold the Ctrl key, click each email that you want to delete, and then press the Delete key.
Empty the Deleted Items Folder
The items that you delete are moved to the Deleted Items folder, but those items aren’t permanently deleted until that folder is emptied. You can manually empty the folder any time.
- In the Folder pane, right-click the Deleted Items folder, and then click Empty Folder.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to permanently delete the items. Click Yes.
Hope you got the answer for How do I Delete An Outlook Email Account. If you like the Article ” How to Delete Account from Outlook (Microsoft) Permanently “, you can share with your friends via Facebook & Google+ and feel free to ask your doubts.