Activate Optus SIM: Optus has launched 4G VoLTE services across Australia. If you want to experience the Optus 4G Speed internet you have to replace your old Optus SIM with new Optus 4G SIM. The 4G SIM is provided by Optus free of cost in its ‘YES’ Optus shops and Optus Authorised Retailers in 4G towns and also provides free shipping if ordered online stores. If you are surfing for How to Optus activate New SIM, you have landed at the right place. You can also check 250+ Cool Wi-Fi Names List which I have shared a few days ago.
Here we are providing simple steps for Optus prepaid activate replacement SIM card. You can convert to New 4G Optus SIM without changing your present Optus mobile number. The 4G smart SIM by Optus comes as a kit with a Nano SIM along with two adapters for making it compatible with Micro and Mini SIM-based smartphones. Also, Check out 150+ Funny Wi-Fi Names List
Pre-Requisite for Optus 4G SIM Activation
- Change your existing 2G/3G SIM card with New Optus 4G SIM.
How to Activate Optus SIM
Optus is the second largest telecommunications company in Australia. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SingTel. Optus provides services both directly to end users. Optus is providing 4G VoLTE services across Australia.
Through its Optus ‘Yes’ brand, it provides broadband and wireless internet services. Optus offer long distance calls to the general public at cheaper rates than that of its competitor Telstra. Also, check 201+ Best Wi-Fi Names List
Steps to Activate Optus 4G SIM Card
To activate a replacement or new SIM card, follow the below steps. If you require a new/replacement SIM, just take along 100 points of ID to your local ‘YES’ Optus shops and Optus Authorised Retailers.
Otherwise, if you purchased online or over the phone, your delivered SIM should auto-activate within 4 hours of delivery.
While you wait for your new SIM to be activated: (Up to 4 hours)
- Insert your new SIM card into your device.
- Turn your device off and on until your SIM has activated.
- You will see Optus next to the coverage bars once the SIM is active.
- Change your new SIM card PIN from the default (0000)
- For mobile devices including tablets, manage your account on the go with the My Optus app
- If you have a USB modem, connect it to your computer and install the connection software.
Once you active Optus 4G SIM in your mobile, you can enjoy the Optus 4G Speed internet without any interruptions.
After activating the New Optus 4G SIM, Optus users can now download unlimited songs and also can watch movies for free of cost. Also, check out 301+ Nerdy Wi-Fi Names List
Optus SIM Not Activated
If you’re having difficulty while Optus activate SIM card, or replacing your SIM card, try below tips :
It can take between 15 minutes and 4 hours for a SIM to activate, try the following:
- Periodically turn your device off and on
- Remove and re-insert the SIM card to make sure it is seated correctly
- Sync your device with any companion software that it may have (e.g. iTunes, Kies, etc.)
Optus SIM Failure or Error Message
Sometimes you may get Failure or Error Message while activating the Optus SIM card.
- SIM card number and any other requested details are entered correctly
- If you are switching your Prepaid number to Optus, make sure you’ve entered your previous service provider’s account and personal details correctly
- You’re activating the right type of SIM for your service:
- Prepaid SIM for a Prepaid service
- Mobile Broadband / Mobile Phone SIMs are not interchangeable
Where Can I Get A Optus New Sim Card?
To get a new or replacement SIM card for your mobile device, tablet or USB modem, simply bring with you 100 points of ID to your local ‘yes’ Optus store.
You need to be the account holder for your local store to complete a SIM replacement. SIM cards can also be purchased from selected Optus authorized retailers.
You can also check out How to Extend WiFi Network With an Old Router
Optus Authorised Retailers
You can purchase Prepaid products, including starter kits, SIM and Recharge cards from these retail partners.
- Australia Post
- Mobil Quix
- Big W
- 7 Eleven
- BP Express
- Woolworths & Woolworths Petrol
- Shell & Shell Touch
- Coles & Coles Express
- Toys ‘R’ Us
- Night Owl
Optus 4G Services Available in
Optus mobile network covers 98.5% of the Australian population – from capital cities to regional and rural towns.
Optus’s Customer Solutions and Services (CS&S) organization are responsible for providing support to Optus Business customers.
Hope you understand Optus 4G SIM Activation Procedure. Still, if you have any problem regarding this Optus 4G SIM activation process, you can ask us at below comment box. If you like the article ” How to Activate Optus SIM Card | 【New Or Replacement】”, you can share with your friends via Facebook & Google+ and feel free to ask your doubts.